WHERE did YOU go today on your Roadster? - BMW R1200R Forum : BMW R1200R Forums
 512Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 334 Old 02-11-2017, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

WHERE did YOU go today on your Roadster?

How about starting a new ongoing Thread titled “Where did YOU go today on your Roadster”, following the style and format of the very popular Thread “What have YOU done to your R today…”, now at >1000 posts?

Much of our individual riding, I’m sure, is short day-riding, or maybe a day or two on the road. Other longer/ multi-day/ interstate/ intercontinental trips are catered for elsewhere here.

Anyway, just a thought – and here am I pretty hot and sweaty and dishevelled, just back from a very early ~190km circuit to the W of Brisbane. The 5.45am start was intended to dodge the promised heat, threatened to reach 39ºC + (that’s 104ºF). When I rolled back into the garage around 9am it was already at 31ºC (88° F).

While out riding the past few times I’ve been reflecting on the differences and similarities of the pre-LC Roadster and the LC version. I’ll try to cobble together some thoughts when I’ve cooled down!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030283r.jpg (282.7 KB, 456 views)

Lawrence of Suburbia ('39 model) - living blissfully by the sea in Redland Bay, near Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

Gone but not forgotten - 4 x GSs, 5 x cam-head Rs, 1 x F800 GT, 1 x LC R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 334 Old 02-11-2017, 07:35 PM

Winter here so Cassie mostly sits in the garage but today she took us out for a nice 70 mile runabout in the 50F degree countryside and managed the tonne a coupla times on suitable back roads so fluids are circulated and batteries are recharged and we're all nice and bonded again til next time. Looking forward to slightly warmer days. What a pure and comfortable connection to the road she is.
mikeS likes this.

2009 R12R, Alpine White, ABS, ASC, ESA, OBC, TPMS, Wunderlich Trophy Café Fairing, BMW Nav V, F80GS Mirrors, MV Bar Risers, Throttlemeister, Heated Grips, Grip Buddies, Milled Levers, Wunderlich Saddle, BMW Bags & Trunk, HyperPro Shocks & Steering Damper, BMW Chrome Exhaust, Milled Oil Plug & Fork Tube & Pivot Covers, LED Taillight & Turn Signals, P3 Brake Lights, Photon Blasters, Abdeckring, Ilmberger Carbon Hugger, BMW Cylinder Head Guards & Slider, GS Skid Plate.
2007 R12RT.
post #3 of 334 Old 02-11-2017, 07:53 PM

I went for a breakfast ride with my son yesterday, nice. Don't know what's going on over here on the west coast of OZ but Friday we had 114 mm of rain and a top temperature of 18 c that's winter weather for us, still yesterday was 18c on start off and 22 on return, very pleasant for a Perth summer day.
Shishka and BoxerTwinAtLast like this.

post #4 of 334 Old 02-11-2017, 08:07 PM

Garage
Church first up, then the Bus Depot Markets to pick up some of the best stuffed vine leaves I've ever had, along with some falafel and tahini. The vendor knows me by sight as 'the motorcycle guy' who comes in every week and takes the opportunity to highly recommend his products to any of the browsers at his stand. Finally via the cinema to pick up free tickets to the latest Resident Evil zombie movie - it features an S1000R so BMW Motorrad Aust had 20 double passes to give away to those who posted a pic of their bike on Facebook with the corresponding hashtag. My picture is attached (which they liked). With the BMW demographic though, I'm not sure they even had 20 takers ... (My wife is a zombie movie fan, and a K1300R featured in one Resident Evil movie - it's post-apocalyptic features suiting the role as if it were something out of Mad Max.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1706.jpg (181.9 KB, 245 views)

01 June 2015 Thunder Grey Exclusive LC with touring pack, high seat, comfort pillion seat, Techspec tank grips, F800 Sports panniers, Givi V47NT topcase, Evotech radiator guard, Barkbuster Carbon handguards, Possum-Spotter LED running lights, dual USB charging outlets, Zumo 550 GPS, Stop Alert brake light flasher and (for winter) Puig 7651W Sport screen. Die Straße gehört mir!
post #5 of 334 Old 02-12-2017, 12:06 AM

Garage
Spoiler alert

Now that I have seen Resident Evil - The Final Chapter, I can confirm that that the S1000R is indeed bullet proof - and missile proof. But beware the steel wire rope.
mikeS likes this.

01 June 2015 Thunder Grey Exclusive LC with touring pack, high seat, comfort pillion seat, Techspec tank grips, F800 Sports panniers, Givi V47NT topcase, Evotech radiator guard, Barkbuster Carbon handguards, Possum-Spotter LED running lights, dual USB charging outlets, Zumo 550 GPS, Stop Alert brake light flasher and (for winter) Puig 7651W Sport screen. Die Straße gehört mir!
post #6 of 334 Old 02-12-2017, 02:38 AM

Garage
Haven't had a good long ride on the beast for a few days now, temps have been 40ºC or more here in Sydney, just too hot to make it enjoyable. Tomorrow is looking like a good ride day thankfully, will probably to the West Head, Akuna Bay and Church Point loop.

2016 BMW R1200R Exclusive
post #7 of 334 Old 02-12-2017, 03:04 AM

Agreed - Sydney hot weather has kept me off my Bike. Much cooler weather tomorrow and looking forward to breaking in my new RP4s tyers.
Panzermann likes this.
post #8 of 334 Old 02-12-2017, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeS View Post
Agreed - Sydney hot weather has kept me off my Bike. Much cooler weather tomorrow and looking forward to breaking in my new RP4s tyers.

Agreed - I felt like this (below) when out on a very early ride this morning, first time out in two weeks thanks to the brutal heat. Yesterday's Australian (national newspaper) reported that as much as a quarter of our land mass (which is 95% the size of continental USA) would today have temps over 45C (= 113F) while nearly half the country will have temps over 40C (= 104). Global warming, anyone?
(pix should have been of Salvador Dali's famous melting watches...)
Panzermann likes this.

Lawrence of Suburbia ('39 model) - living blissfully by the sea in Redland Bay, near Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

Gone but not forgotten - 4 x GSs, 5 x cam-head Rs, 1 x F800 GT, 1 x LC R.

Last edited by Lawrence of Suburbia; 02-12-2017 at 03:45 AM.
post #9 of 334 Old 02-12-2017, 05:32 AM

Stop rubbing it in lads, it's 2c in the North East of England with a few flurries of snow and the roads are covered in salt. Roll on spring when the roads might dry out and we reach the dizzy heights of 12c.
post #10 of 334 Old 02-12-2017, 07:25 AM

Garage
Thursday I did a 400 klm run up around the Glasshouse Mountains outside of Brisbane. Friday was a new set of Pirelli Angel GT's for my upcoming trip around Oz. Saturday I washed the poor beastie and took her around the block for an air dry. Today got to 100+ Deg F here in Brisbane and so I calmly sat by the pool and drank beer with friends - except for when it was REALLY hot and then we sat in the AC and continued with the beer theme.

SC Projects Exhaust Can + Wunderlich Hugger + BMW Head Protectors + Evotech Rad Guard + Puig Touring Screen (only for those rainy long trips) + Lamin-X Headlight Protector Film + Totalstickers3D Tank Pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200R Forum : BMW R1200R Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page