BMW R1200R Forum banner

Hand guards for 2015/2016 R

35K views 78 replies 28 participants last post by  jrsbike 
#1 ·
Hand guards

Thinking of adding handguards sometime down the track (need to buy the bike first!)

I've seen Barkbusters Carbon guards fitted to an S1000R and they looked pretty sharp - reckon they'd suit the R12RLC.

Carbon Guards Only - Barkbusters

Mocked up a picture as per the attachment.

Attachments

See less See more
#70 · (Edited)
Hand Guards for 2015/16

Thanks to the various Forum posts by knowledgeable members over the past few years, I had completed my researched for the best fit for my R1200R LC.
I had recently tried the Givi model, which many in the UK had fitted successfully. However for those with the Aux Light with the switch on the left hand mirror stalk their bracket won't fit, without relocating the switch. So sadly had to send those back. Givi were pleased with the pictures I took in support of my return and refund.

I was at the MCN Motorbike Show in Excel Exhibition Centre, London, last weekend, and talking with some of the Motorrad techies we believed that the R1200GS Hand Guards would fit the LC, and not impact the Aux Light Switch, as the GS has the same switch in the same position.
So I booked the bike into Cotswold Motorrad, in Gloucester (England) and sure enough a full set of GS Handguards were fitted yesterday. Brilliant, made for the job, and fair price for BMW equipment. Pics attached. Ask any questions if necessary. Cheers, Paul B

Attachments

#73 ·
Brilliant, made for the job, and fair price for BMW equipment.

Does 'fair price for BMW' imply I might only have to sell one kidney? But - they do look very good indeed - OE, as said. Well done.

Reactions: PaulB
#72 ·
I also have the GS OE handguards fitted to my 1200R LC and they are excellent.

They just look like like they were fitted at the factory.

Reactions: PaulB
#79 ·
Aha I found the parts number above. Its cheaper for me to buy from Bohling the UK and ship to the US: $164 total vs $200 here.

Reactions: Bicko
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.