BMW R1200R Forum banner

Licence plate relocation.

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  no1 
#1 ·
I decided to make my own indicator mount and relocate my number plate. Not sure whether I like it or not, may try it with a legal-ish yellow licence plate. removed rear pegs too.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Or a much larger bike...:wink2:

#10 ·
At least the European Space Agency won't be able to monitor your high speed jaunts down the M4 Motorway on cloudy days........

#11 ·
I will try it with a small number plate before I decide whether to keep it. One of the reasons I tried it was because I i figured I'd kill 2 birds with one brick and reduce the spray coming up which I would have had just by fitting a normal tail tidy. For that purpose it works very well.

I also like to be a little different so thought I'd try it for that reason however it looks like it's going to become a more common look as not only does the Ducati diavel use a similar method but I found out yesterday the 2017 Yamaha MT09 uses a number plate holder in a similar fashion.

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
Well talk about time on my hands, I finally filled the holes in where I took the rear rack off (I haven't really got time with a full time job, 2 children and studying for a MSc). I still have the standard rack and can easily swap it over on the rare occasion that I need the top box.
I fitted my normal numberplate to give that a try, although still big it's 3" x 2" smaller than normal in the UK (the legal plate really is a billboard).

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.