BMW R1200R Forum banner

Schuberth C4

8K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  gabriel831 
#1 ·
Out now...
In limited quantities that is.. no communication sets available yet and no black screen which I had also ordered.

However, love the design!

See less See more
#5 ·
That's a really big face shield for a modular helmet; looks like it'd have a great visual field. Nice match for that bike.

Reactions: EllenR
#6 ·
Great looking helmet....had a C3 briefly and ebayed it after my first long ride...expensive test ride....I know that people love these helmets....after a 500 mile ride I found the only thing I liked about the helmet was the drop down sun shield ...I have always used Arai and Shoei helmets so I went to a Shoei GT Air with drop down sun visor.....all that said when I see such a good looking helmet as the C4 I am tempted to give one another try.

#7 ·
Be interesting to hear how QUIET it is compared to the previous Schuberth and other helmets.

My current Schuberth C3 is pretty quiet, but it could always be better. I actually pulled the top vent off and filled the holes with silicone, looks a bit rednecky but made everything nice and smooth and eliminated the high frequency shrieking, just leaves the low frequency booming coming in the bottom now.

My previous three Arais (I'm still a fanboi) were excellent helmets, but not quiet, though they were admittedly '90s vintage and presumably improved now. The Arai salesman at my dealer's recent Open House said their Quantum & Signet are supposed to be their quietest models.

I prefer a modular, so much easier for glasses & parking & gassing & stuff, but it probably works against the quiet somewhat. I understand Arai may be coming out with a modular soon.

#8 ·
My current Schuberth C3 is pretty quiet, but it could always be better. I actually pulled the top vent off and filled the holes with silicone, looks a bit rednecky but made everything nice and smooth and eliminated the high frequency shrieking, just leaves the low frequency booming coming in the bottom now.
I do the same to my Arai helmets. I use small bits of silicone ear plugs, which I use because I can never get other plugs to stay in, even $$ custom-made ones. Easily removable for those really hot days. I achieve red-neckedness by using used earplugs :001_cool:

I wish I could wear a Schuberth, but my long skinny alien head accepts only Arai long-oval helmets. Anything else and it feels like someone was welding something to my forehead after about an hour or so.

#10 ·
I have a Schuberth C3 Pro and I really like it, had it since Jan '15. I went with a Sena S20 communication system, as I liked the features over the Schuberth system; although I did like that it was integrated into the helmet rather than attached to the outside. I read on Revzilla that Sena makes the Schuberth SC1 system for the C4 (and R2) helmets. I'm also happy with the Sena S20 system. Very nice features and great sound quality, don't know how it compares to the speakers that would come with the C4. Evidently the C4 isn't available in the US yet, at least Revzilla is only taking pre orders now.

#12 ·
Sweet looking helmet, I've never considered many helmets I've had to be particularily noisy. I tend to wear earplugs a lot these days, unless I have a removable baffle in my exhaust and i fancy being a dick for the afternoon. :p

I have the C3 and pretty happy with it to be fair, I'm not a fan of the drop down sun visor, I think it scratches too easily, plus I think it makes me look like a tw*t (I don't want to look like a sodding pilot thank you very much), but I use it if I have the sun in my eyes, I live in Scotland, so thats basically never.

I like to lift the helmet up when cruising through villages, get a bit of fresh air, close it when picking up speed, it really is the best of both worlds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.