LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-19-2017, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Wanted: Corbin seat for 2012 R1200R

Any used corbin seats out there??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-20-2017, 11:45 AM

Location: Livin' in a Poor Man's Shangri, La., aka New Orleans
If you find one it will not be built for your rear end. It will likely still be fine, but(t), just sayin'

What I'd rec is riding from nashville to hollister, visiting the factory, getting a personal fitting. It makes a big difference. Just a word of "warning." they are heavy and they sometimes fit kinda funky. Had one on my 09 roadster and liked it a lot. It's plush and supportive. That process will take the better part of a day, if you arrive first thing in the am. But, there is r e m a r k a b l e riding and scenery there--and along the way. Trip of a lifetime stuff.

Nashville to Hollister could be an awesome ride.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-20-2017, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

I appreciate the suggestion! haven't ever had a seat custom made before. but from nashville to hollister would be quite a trip! I do lots of long-distance touring so I'd be up for it. but I also had a corbin seat on my previous bike that wasn't custom made (left on there from previous owner) so I feel like a used corbin would be something I would like even if its not custom fitted for me.

current: 2012 R1200R, Ural Gear Up
past: 2006 K1200GT, 2001 Honda Valkyrie, '94 Honda Magna, '91 Honda Nighthawk 750

post #4 of 5 Old 04-20-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTMURPHY View Post
I appreciate the suggestion! haven't ever had a seat custom made before. but from nashville to hollister would be quite a trip! I do lots of long-distance touring so I'd be up for it. but I also had a corbin seat on my previous bike that wasn't custom made (left on there from previous owner) so I feel like a used corbin would be something I would like even if its not custom fitted for me.

I have a Corbin at home, I bought it used and it is good for 250 miles per day for me, but it was not made specifically for me.

I then had a custom seat made (Russell Day Long Sport) which made a huge difference. I am currently on the road in the TN/NC/GA area and have no problem doing 500 mls a day on it. I am not quite ready to sell the Corbin, in case i ever do a track day I would use it.

I can't see here on my phone where you are located, if you ever make it to Austin, you are welcome to try it out if that helps.
BTMURPHY likes this.

Olaf
Austin, TX

2012 R1200R Classic, Ohlins shocks, Wunderlich Trophy fairing with wind deflector (occasionally), Arrow exhaust, Russell Day Long seat, Booster plug, Wunderlich risers, Knight Design foot peg lowering kit, Wunderlich bar end mirrors, German LED taillight, Mudsling, Grip Puppies, deflapped, decanisterized.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-20-2017, 11:15 PM

Location: Livin' in a Poor Man's Shangri, La., aka New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTMURPHY View Post
I also had a corbin seat on my previous bike that wasn't custom made (left on there from previous owner) so I feel like a used corbin would be something I would like even if its not custom fitted for me.
That may be true.

If you travel to Hollister it will be custom made for you, complete with test ride fine tuning. For online ordering etc., I don't think they are quite off the shelf products--I think the Sargent is. But they form to the rider so it will be broken in in a way that you may or may not like.

Good luck in the search
BTMURPHY likes this.

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; 04-20-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200R Forum : BMW R1200R Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page