WTB vario risers - BMW R1200R Forum : BMW R1200R Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By mikeS
  • 1 Post By dbyker
  • 1 Post By anotherBMW

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 05-16-2017, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

WTB vario risers

Interested in Wunderlich or similar Vario Risers. Must be the pull-back type, I am currently using the standard risers but would like the handlebars also back a bit more.

Olaf
Austin, TX

2012 R1200R Classic, Ohlins shocks, Wunderlich Trophy fairing with wind deflector (occasionally), Arrow exhaust, Russell Day Long seat, Booster plug, Wunderlich risers, Knight Design foot peg lowering kit, Wunderlich bar end mirrors, German LED taillight, Mudsling, Grip Puppies, deflapped, decanisterized.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-16-2017, 08:23 PM

I installed these Wunderlich raisers with 3 x backwards adjustable position settings. Very happy with the end result. However, I needed to install a longer brake hose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8160990_150x112.jpg (8.6 KB, 40 views)
anotherBMW likes this.

mikeS - Sydney
2013 - R1200R
2007 - R1200R
2002 - R1150R
post #3 of 9 Old 05-17-2017, 03:56 AM

I have a set of Moto Verholen bar risers on my '09 R. They bring the bars back and up about two inches which is very nice, and they don't look too bad (not as clean as stock, but having the bars back is worth the minor aesthetic downgrade).

Here they are for your bike. I recommend going with a slightly longer front brake line.

4901-90028 + S-BM0188+3- V-Alpha Listings- Sierra BMW Online- Verholen R1200R (11-14) Bar Risers
anotherBMW likes this.

2009 R12R, Alpine White, ABS, ASC, ESA, OBC, TPMS, Wunderlich Trophy Café Fairing, BMW Nav V, F80GS Mirrors, MV Bar Risers, Throttlemeister, Heated Grips, Grip Buddies, Milled Levers, Wunderlich Saddle, BMW Bags & Trunk, HyperPro Shocks & Steering Damper, BMW Chrome Exhaust, Milled Oil Plug & Fork Tube & Pivot Covers, LED Taillight & Turn Signals, P3 Brake Lights, Photon Blasters, Abdeckring, Ilmberger Carbon Hugger, BMW Cylinder Head Guards & Slider, GS Skid Plate.
2007 R12RT.
The Following User Says Thank You to dbyker For This Useful Post:
mikeS (05-17-2017)

post #4 of 9 Old 05-17-2017, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

I like both of those risers, but I am a bit reluctant to shell out that much for any of them....That why I had posted this on the WTB forum, you don't want to sell me yours, do you ?

I found these at Touratech, they are not of the "vario" type but at least bring the bars up and back somewhat:

https://touratech-usa.com/Store/Offs...014-oil-cooled
mikeS likes this.

Olaf
Austin, TX

2012 R1200R Classic, Ohlins shocks, Wunderlich Trophy fairing with wind deflector (occasionally), Arrow exhaust, Russell Day Long seat, Booster plug, Wunderlich risers, Knight Design foot peg lowering kit, Wunderlich bar end mirrors, German LED taillight, Mudsling, Grip Puppies, deflapped, decanisterized.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-17-2017, 12:05 PM

I have those on mine, I am not selling but the original owner installed them and I have what looks like a 3 inch extension brake line added to the original line.
So if you do get them you may also need to add length to the brake line, just a heads up.

New to me 2014 R1200R "Electric Blue".
post #6 of 9 Old 05-17-2017, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btweenknees View Post
I have those on mine, I am not selling but the original owner installed them and I have what looks like a 3 inch extension brake line added to the original line.
So if you do get them you may also need to add length to the brake line, just a heads up.
Yes I believe I will have to do that too, with my risers now (just 25mm up) the line is stretched to the max already. Hmm...thinking about it. The longer line is actually much cheaper at Wunderlich as compared to Touratech!

Olaf
Austin, TX

post #7 of 9 Old 05-17-2017, 11:46 PM

Verholins, there worth it!

Jack
post #8 of 9 Old 05-18-2017, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

It almost seems to me that with the Verholen I would also need a longer clutch cable. Is there anyone with a CamHead who can confirm this?

Olaf
Austin, TX

post #9 of 9 Old 05-18-2017, 10:49 AM

No cable changes on the LC not sure on the CamHead.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200R Forum : BMW R1200R Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page