BMW R1200R Forum banner

Returning to the fold

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  wasserboxer 
#1 ·
Hi All,
It's been a break of 2 years or so since I parted with my 2013 R, recently stumbled across a pre-loved LC R1200R deal I could not refuse.

Really happy with the new ride, immediately took the bike on a road trip over some of our great local riding roads, Thunderbolts Way, Oxley Hwy, Armidale Rd & the very picturesque Waterfall Way.

A few pics with Shad 39Ltr box and re-engineered Madstad screen from the old R.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome back. That screen looks efficient but I hope you don't mind me saying it doesn't look right, I'd just stick with the little fly screen.

#3 ·
Welcome back Eccles - may your rather tasty LC provide much fun...

#5 ·
Welcome back Eccles. It seems like once one has an "R" bike they are hooked for life. That is a very good thing. Take care and enjoy.

#8 ·
Looks like the bike is attached to the barn-door screen rather than vv... sorry :frown2:

Reactions: joebloggz
#10 ·
Eccles, how are you getting on with your Vstream? I've just taken the plunge and ordered the Z2354, which is the mid size screen with light tint, I'm hoping this help significantly with noise reduction and improves comfort on longer rides. I'm 6 foot and have the standard seat, time will tell I guess.

#12 ·
Hey mate, I also have a similar setup to you. I run two modes. Street and tour with the latter being loaded up Also do some dirt so if you haven't tried that on the R you might be surprised how well it handles. We live in Sydney but know your region well. All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.