BMW R1200R Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Africa Twin's and a BMW or two
59 Posts
Thanks lads.

This is one of my 3 fun whistle Suzukis Steve. The oilcooled Suzuki engine family is the best motorcycle engine ever designed in my opinion. For a dozen reasons. All my turbo bikes run them. And have done forever.. This particular one has run 400hp, by accident ! The wastegate stuck shut...! Escaped unscathed. My Katana however was built for 400hp. My drawthrough ET thing much less at 230/240 ish. View attachment 111813
Used to have a 1000 Kat.
Fun bike in an old school way.
The 1135 EFE was another rip your arms out at the sockets beast but supprisingly comfortable over distance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Aye, they're a grand bike alright..

I'm having a bit of a trust issue with it at the moment after seeing what little holds the swingarm on !!!!!?!?!!!!! And Aluminium at that...

But other than that, i love it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The only thing left of my Kat is the body. That's it. It grew 400hp.... 😂

Likewise with my Slingshot. Bit less on my ET thing. But still turbocharged. I have an EFE too.

Every one of em has a GSXR1100 engine 😂

·
Registered
Africa Twin's and a BMW or two
59 Posts
Aye, they're a grand bike alright..

I'm having a bit of a trust issue with it at the moment after seeing what little holds the swingarm on !!!!!?!?!!!!! And Aluminium at that...

But other than that, i love it.
As you mention it.
It's a design feature of the bike (and Boxers in general) that I never heard mentioned before.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
They weren't that bad. GS thous' and 750s' the same. At least they've got a swingarm pin that goes all the way through the frame instead of x2 silly aluminium tits ! 😱😱😱😱😱😱🤣🤣🤣🤣😱 I know it's because if the drive shaft but still... They could have made em outta steel at least !

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2013 R1200R Classic with a 12 year warranty on the fuel strip. Go figure.. Replaced it twice with no luck so now I just count the miles. Bit of a joke for BMW. I put on the same Wunderlich seat plus fairing. Love the look and the added height the new seat provides. The ride is so much different than my RNineT, my other favorite bike.. Don’t have to worry about a faulty fuel strip since it has no gauge.. Oh well, BMW’s answer to long warranties I guess. Cheers and have fun on your bike. I certainly do..

41 - 48 of 48 Posts