BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this seat last year and used it very sparingly. It is available from the Wunderlich DE site for 399 Euros ($450USD). Let’s say to one of the wonderful R12R forum members, $200 shipped to the lower 48. Here are details from the web:

The new generation of ERGO seats: Well-thoughtthrough at every step of the design, with many innovative solutions. The original seat suffers from an unfavourable form which places undue strain on the tailbone, and the angle of the seat leads many riders to adopt a bad
pelvic position. To counter this we use a foam core with completely new contours and a unique fabric, developed with great care and at no little expense.
The facts:

Distinctly shaped (concaved) seating area.
Relief of pressure on the tail bone and optimised weight distribution across the whole seat.
Improved pillion contour for improved hold to the front.
Progressive double-layer construction with soft upper layer and rigid core for even distribution of forces.
Uncompromising durability for long distance use.
Non-slip, anti-perspiration material combined with ultrasuede cording.
Strong RoburC shell of our own design.
Classy recessed CUT seams.
Seams glued and heat-sealed on modern PFAFF hot-air welding
machines for 100% impermeability
Design by Nicolas Petit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought this seat last year and used it very sparingly. It is available from the Wunderlich DE site for 399 Euros ($450USD). Let’s say to one of the wonderful R12R forum members, $200 shipped to the lower 48. Here are details from the web:

The new generation of ERGO seats: Well-thoughtthrough at every step of the design, with many innovative solutions. The original seat suffers from an unfavourable form which places undue strain on the tailbone, and the angle of the seat leads many riders to adopt a bad
pelvic position. To counter this we use a foam core with completely new contours and a unique fabric, developed with great care and at no little expense.
The facts:

Distinctly shaped (concaved) seating area.
Relief of pressure on the tail bone and optimised weight distribution across the whole seat.
Improved pillion contour for improved hold to the front.
Progressive double-layer construction with soft upper layer and rigid core for even distribution of forces.
Uncompromising durability for long distance use.
Non-slip, anti-perspiration material combined with ultrasuede cording.
Strong RoburC shell of our own design.
Classy recessed CUT seams.
Seams glued and heat-sealed on modern PFAFF hot-air welding
machines for 100% impermeability
Design by Nicolas Petit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Brian, I’m interested and looking for a seat with a standard height, is this standard height? Also are you able to send a picture? Here is what I found on the internet, is this the same seat?

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/8161188b_540x417.jpg

If it is, you have a customer. Thanks
NakedBeemer

·
Super Moderator
929 Posts
Got one too, great seat. That was a screaming deal.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
929 Posts
Sorry, my R's wearing that Wunderlich seat right now, I like it a lot and will probably keep it as long as I own a Hexhead or Camhead R12R that can use it.

US: Active Comfort Seat, Standard (#8161188) Oil and Water Cooled (1994 to present) 8161188 | BMW Wunderlich America

Germany: https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/bmw-r-series/r-1200-r/ergonomics-comfort/seats-accessories/wunderlich-seat-aktivkomfort-30900-020.html

I bought mine here used some years ago. These rarely come up for sale used and go very quickly when they do, which tells you something.

I find it good for a 200-300 mile day, and excellent for use in the twisties. It's also extremely well-made, durable and good-looking, befitting the classic R bike.

Good luck in your search! Dave

Reactions: Clem
1 - 7 of 7 Posts