BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 R1200R that I bought used in January. I noticed that the low beam headlight is not working so went and bought a new bulb (Sylvania/Osram H11). Well, it still doesn't work. I understand that everything on the bike is controlled by the computer and the CAN system. I thought it was weird that a critical light being burned out would not set a warning as I understand from the owner's manual that the system will throw a code and a warning when a light is out. The old bulb, a Phillips, looks well used but the filament appears intact.
Any ideas?

Premium Member
I also have a 2007 R1200R and had issues with the headlight.

Try this. Following the instructions in the owner's manual, take off the chrome surround ring, the lens and the bulb holder. Check the wiring in the headlight shell.

Mine had the insulation completely separated from the wires. It obviously shorted out intermittently.

Unfortunately, you can not buy only the wiring harness. You must buy a complete headlight assembly. It is part number 63127696400 and it costs $97.99!

This should fix your problem.

Good luck. Let us know what your find.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I changed the bulb and the inside of the light housing was pristine as was the connector and harness
I鈥檓 kind of stumped - it鈥檚 not giving a fault message which is weird - I don鈥檛 know what鈥檚 wrong but I bet it will be expensive to fix - BMW - Bring My Wages

Premium Member
"When presented with competing hypotheses about the same prediction, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions" Occam's Razor

We've all been there. 馃槃

1 - 5 of 5 Posts