BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Premium Member
Thanks. I did a couple good test rides, maybe 50 miles worth, and the cluster is performing as new.
Great to hear. I still have not gotten my cluster back but I am in no hurry right now. I have my Ducati to ride in the mean time.

It was nice ot meet you last week. Look forward to riding with you when all this craziness is over.

Registered
Name is McDowell, he has a professional shop. I'm planning on being there around noon on Friday, Mar. 20th. Says he will do the work while I wait. The work being replace two capacitors, resolder area where power pins connect to the board, and examine for bad solder joints. If this doesn't work I'll be taking another trip to Pensacola to visit the dealership and spend the big $$.
I have the same problem with my 2007 R1200R. Do you think you could provide the contact information for McDowell? I would like to see if I send my cluster in and have it repaired. Thanks
My e-mail is [email protected]

Premium Member
I am going to see John tomorrow, Monday October 11. I respect his priviacy, so I will ask him if he is interested in working on another panel. If he agrees, I will send along his information.

I will post up tomorrow and let you know his decision.

Premium Member
Yeti Dude, I spoke with John today and he said he would be happy to help you if he can. His number is 850.477.0789.

Registered
I am going to see John tomorrow, Monday October 11. I respect his priviacy, so I will ask him if he is interested in working on another panel. If he agrees, I will send along his information.

I will post up tomorrow and let you know his decision.
I found him with Google and have him a call before I had read your message . What a fantastic person.

Premium Member
Yes, he is a great guy. He told me someone else had called him but I didn't realize it was you.

He did great by me. But, you have to be patient.

If you come by here, give me a call. I can put you up if you would like. His shop is 5 minutes from my house.

Stay safe.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts