BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, I love this bike best one I've ever owned. I've just come to the point in my life where I prefer the AC of my car over gearing up and playing dodge the idiot cell phone zombies.

I believe in full and complete disclosure so this will be a lengthy post.
The good:
Very low miles on this 2008, I've only put on about 6K myself, purchased from a Honda dealer in MS in 2014, if memory serves.
Two major failure modes repaired:
The ABS module, thank's to the good folks in Moscow Iowa/Idaho, can't remember.
The Fuel strip, thanks to 15 year warranty.
Both are in fine working order.
12K maintenance performed by yours truly, with the exception of the valve adjustment.

Two Michelin Pilot 4 tires with less than 1K on them.
Two wind screens one short one tall
Two saddles, OEM and Corbin
Panniers included
Currently has a red vinyl wrap with carbon fiber vinyl accents, most of which I did myself, with exception of the tank
Color underneath is Silver (one old pic included to show what it could look like if red is not your color)
Cheap but effective front LED spot lights on front (its all about visibility when fighting zombies)
Not so cheap Skene P3 lights on back (Love these things)
https://www.skenelights.com/online-store/P3-Lights-with-Turn-Signals-p80215476
BMW trickle charger
RAM Cell phone holder

The bad:
Lost one of the original BMW 70mm medallion riding on a dirt road, see pic left side. I have a stick on 7 series wheel center replacement, looks okay, but is not the same thickness.
Picked up a nail in the rear tire about 3 months ago, plugged it, holds just air no issues, but I know may be an area of concern for serious riders see pic.
It has had a few low speed lay overs, one by me, supper embarrassing parking lot maneuver, but only minor damage

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dropping the price 5K obo weather is getting nice!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sold!
But, I'm not sure why it took so long, this was / is a well maintained solid bike. Appreciate any post sale feed back. Guessing I need to improve my marketing skills. If there's a way to remove the post, I'm missing it. If I need to do something to free up server space, let me know. Thanks for all the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts