BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I just bought a 2008 r1200r which didn't come with any sort of windshield bracket. Did this year come with a stock bracket? I'd love to get my hands on one ASAP and/or would love recommendations on best options for hard mounting windshields.

I do a lot of long distance riding, am 5'9", but don't want anything big and bulky. Just something slick looking that does a good job for cutting down the wind and buffering.

Thanks!

·
Registered
399 Posts
You may want to ask in the general R1200R Accessories forum, since this is the post-2015 LC model specific forum...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey folks,

I just bought a 2008 r1200r which didn't come with any sort of windshield bracket. Did this year come with a stock bracket? I'd love to get my hands on one ASAP and/or would love recommendations on best options for hard mounting windshields.

I do a lot of long distance riding, am 5'9", but don't want anything big and bulky. Just something slick looking that does a good job for cutting down the wind and buffering.

Thanks!
Some packages came with the OEM sport screen or the OEM touring screen included, each would require a unique BMW bracket, specific to your model (Hexhead). Those can be ordered through online parts fiches (like on the MaxBMW website) or through your local dealer. IIRC the OEM screens with all the hardware run in the $300 range.

There are also several 3rd party screens available with their own hardware (Puig, Ztechnik, Wunderlich, etc...) as well as universal style screens that mount to forks or handlebars.

I suggest you do a search on the site, there are many, many, many discussions on screens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts