BMW R1200R Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Good call Lawrence, good call!

Good luck with your negotiations, you may have a "new to you" addition to the stable soon.
Well Lawrence, ................................ I am curious, ......................

·
Registered
22 Posts
Benn riding on Michelin Pilot Road 4s for nearly 5 years now, and it is time to get a new set or rubber.

What is you choice of tire for our bikes? Which brand one should I install?

Thanks in advance.
Road 5s! I like them better than the 4s ... 4 years and still lots of tread ... or ... over 15K and half done. They have never squirmed, slipped, slopped or skid ...

·
Registered
Africa Twin's and a BMW or two
109 Posts
Road 5s! I like them better than the 4s ... 4 years and still lots of tread ... or ... over 15K and half done. They have never squirmed, slipped, slopped or skid ...
I've a set of the pilot 5s.
Brilliant.
You can really see the soft edges wear though!

·
Registered
2012 R1200R, K27, Light-grey Metallic
163 Posts
I have been riding a set of Dunlop Mutants for about 1K now. They give me real great confidence. But this is my first set of new tyres on this bike, so I do not have real comparison. Reviews (also on touring bikes) are really positive, so I decided to go for them. They are crossover tyres, it looks quite different, but I like different (else I would have bought a GS instead ;)) and think it looks great (although that is no reason for buying them...).

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

21 - 24 of 24 Posts