BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Fellow R1200 riders,

Was wondering if someone has a "short" seat for a 2001 R1200r that they would consider selling?? I'm pretty sure that I have a normal seat and would like to try a short one to see how much shorter it is and how much if any loss in comfort.

Thanks for your consideration and assistance.

Steve

·
Registered
126 Posts
There are multiple seats that fit your 2011, there's a breakdown here - with part numbers:

That should help you decide what you have and what you want.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you R1200N8...I will take a look and see what I need.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you located? I have a OEM low seat. I think I would prefer the regular seat.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
I live in the Phoenix, Arizona, USA area. Thank you for your response.

If you don't mind, what can you tell me about the OEM low seat?

A lot less comfortable?

How much lower is it than the regular seat?

Does the low seat tend to push you forward and crunch you "boys"?

Thank you for any insight you can offer.

Steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
I live in the Phoenix, Arizona, USA area. Thank you for your response.

If you don't mind, what can you tell me about the OEM low seat?

A lot less comfortable?

How much lower is it than the regular seat?

Does the low seat tend to push you forward and crunch you "boys"?

Thank you for any insight you can offer.

Steve
I'm in TX. I bought an 08 in July and it came with the low seat. I can't tell you much about specifics but I would say it is less comfortable than the regular BMW seat. I have a 30" inseam and I can almost flat foot it. I haven't gone on an overnight trip but I have done a few day trips on it. I am not one to have a sore butt if I don't have a custom seat so it is ok. I would like a regular seat to change my knee position a bit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in TX. I bought an 08 in July and it came with the low seat. I can't tell you much about specifics but I would say it is less comfortable than the regular BMW seat. I have a 30" inseam and I can almost flat foot it. I haven't gone on an overnight trip but I have done a few day trips on it. I am not one to have a sore butt if I don't have a custom seat so it is ok. I would like a regular seat to change my knee position a bit.

Thank you Sharkey for your comments and review.

Do you by chance live near the Dallas area? I have a buddy coming to visit after Thanksgiving and he is from Dallas.

I got my 2011 R12r in June.

What are you thinking you need to get for the seat?

I have the same inseam you do. I can ride the stock seat, but I am on my tiptoes at stops. I find it more comfortable to slide off to one side and have one flat foot at a stop.

What kind of shape is your low seat in?

Also, will this seat fit my 2011 R12r??

Thanks much,

Steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thank you Sharkey for your comments and review.

Do you by chance live near the Dallas area? I have a buddy coming to visit after Thanksgiving and he is from Dallas.

I got my 2011 R12r in June.

What are you thinking you need to get for the seat?

I have the same inseam you do. I can ride the stock seat, but I am on my tiptoes at stops. I find it more comfortable to slide off to one side and have one flat foot at a stop.

What kind of shape is your low seat in?

Also, will this seat fit my 2011 R12r??

Thanks much,

Steve
Well I live in FtW and work In Dallas. When I ride and sit on a seat too tall for me, that is exactly what I do, slide off to one side . My seat is in great shape. I bought the cycle with 7K miles on it. It should fit a 2011 but I would double check to be sure. Also, I don't know when BMW went to heated seats but this is not one of those. Also, I was looking more for a trade than to sell the seat outright. If you are interested, send me a PM and we'll see if we can set something up with your friend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts