BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my '11 R1200R, pictured next to the Snow River in Southern New South Wales in Oz. I just love riding this bike, it fits me like a glove, comfortable, good performance and still looks stylish. I have done almost 120,000 kms (75,00 miles) and it only ever needed maintenance, tyres and fuel - how good a bike is that. I have other bikes, one goes faster and sounds great (Yamaha MT09), my K75C is a time-capsule of the 80's and my 1975 Triumph Triple has character and requires constant spannering. Enough chat, time to get the 1200 out for another run in the countryside, cheers.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nice looking rig Smarty and love those blue wheels - Yum! Some of the best ridin' roads on the planet around the Snowy River. Can't wait to get down there on my R1200R too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice looking rig Smarty and love those blue wheels - Yum! Some of the best ridin' roads on the planet around the Snowy River. Can't wait to get down there on my R1200R too.
Those Wheels ....... :) Painted or Powder Coated ? can you recomend anyone in Sydney. Thx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those Wheels ....... :) Painted or Powder Coated ? can you recomend anyone in Sydney. Thx
They are painted, something like Subaru WRX blue. I had them done locally, but any spray painter that doesn't mind fiddly jobs should be able to do it. I had them done when the first set of tyres were worn out, so there was a bit of running to and from the tyre shop. Also to remove the discs you need to heat the mounting screws before they will release.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts