BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided to sell my bike as I'm starting a new business and won't have the time to ride it.

I'm currently on the road in TX but will return to Illinois early next week and post more photos.

Includes Ohlins (not currently installed), H&B engine guard, side cases, HexEZCan, Corbin saddle, air horn, Bags Connection tank bag with quick release mount, air horn, double lowered foot pegs, short windscreen, ABS, heated grips, new fuel strip, good tires.

$7,000

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More photos

Attachments

Reactions: momchilk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone want to make me an offer?

·
Super Moderator
938 Posts
Wow - Great bike, great ad, great deal! Worth a winter expedition.

If I was looking for one I'd be all over this. Best of luck with sale!

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

It's a good solid bike that is well farkled. I'm sure I will find a good home for it.

May have to wait till spring when the market heats up, but I can do that with no problem. Most likely will ask more if that happens.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry. Forgot to ad that pic.12,XXX

Don't know why some photos are rotated????

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess I will have to wait for warmer weather. :laugh2:

Surprised at the lack of interest.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Surprised at the lack of interest.
Don't be. Roadsters are not very much sought-after, at least not here, but almost certainly elsewhere too. We may think they are the cat's whisker - others don't! Patience is the key... :frown2: Lovely bike though.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Don't be discouraged by our apparent lack of interest, it's just that we all have a roadster. We're the Roadster guys!

I suggest advertising on Ebay, Craigslist, Cycle trader and Facebook Marketplace. The more eyes that see it, the merrier.

I think your price is very reasonable, too. In fact, you might ask something like 7749 and give yourself some bargaining room.

J

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks.

I have it on CL, ADV Rider (where I've had some interest) and BMW Sports Touring. Will also put it on Cycle Trader.

I've had many inquiries about selling the Ohlins. If the bike sells w/o them I will then sell them by themselves. Right now I think they bring more value to the package than selling them alone.

Reactions: Svaha!Dean

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks.

I have it on CL, ADV Rider (where I've had some interest) and BMW Sports Touring. Will also put it on Cycle Trader.

I've had many inquiries about selling the Ohlins. If the bike sells w/o them I will then sell them by themselves. Right now I think they bring more value to the package than selling them alone.
I am not so sure about that. As a person who has bought both new and used Ohlins as well as selling bikes I have had Ohlins on, you will do better selling the Ohlins. You should be able to get around a $1000 for them but as an add on to your bike, a couple hundred as many folks just don't care. To find someone who is willing to pay a grand more for Ohlins is harder than finding someone to buy a Roadster. If you trade, the dealer won't care either.

Of course, I have been wrong before! :grin2:

Rick G

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am not so sure about that. As a person who has bought both new and used Ohlins as well as selling bikes I have had Ohlins on, you will do better selling the Ohlins. You should be able to get around a $1000 for them but as an add on to your bike, a couple hundred as many folks just don't care. To find someone who is willing to pay a grand more for Ohlins is harder than finding someone to buy a Roadster. If you trade, the dealer won't care either.

Of course, I have been wrong before! :grin2:

Rick G
Maybe you are right.

We will find out.

Anyone interested in the Ohlins at $1,000????????

·
Registered
287 Posts
Maybe you are right.

We will find out.

Anyone interested in the Ohlins at $1,000????????
Sorry, I already have a set! :grin2:

Rick G

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Buehler? Anyone?

Hmmmm..............

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ohilns have been sold.

They are no longer included in sale of the bike.

New price for bike is $6,500

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still available.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ohlins sold. No longer included with bike.

Priced reduced to $6,000

1 - 20 of 20 Posts