BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This for Beautiful 2012 R1200R Classic with 871 Miles on it, I know people throw the term Showroom New around, but in this case, it is Showroom New. You can spend an hour looking over this bike with a magnifying glass and not find a flaw. I bought the bike this Spring, but then I broke 4 Ribs in a work accident, which still haven't healed, so I've never even driven it, which kills me. The gentleman who sold me the bike has a collection of various bikes, BMW's, KLM's, Harleys which he maintains meticulously. He has his own mechanic who takes care of them, and he keeps them in a climate controlled storage facility. He had two of these, one which he rode more than my bike, but he decided to switch to the Heritage Series BMWs, so he sold both of his Classics and bought 4 R9t's in various flavors. He has an R1150r with 85000 miles on it that still looks magnificent, he's the kind of fellow who wipes and cleans the bikes after every ride, and it shows on all his bikes.
I recently sold the last of 6 BMW R1200c's I had, a 2001 Phoenix with 3680 miles on it, but I'm getting old, I wanted a slightly lighter bike. What I didn't plan on was breaking 4 ribs. It may be time to let the dream go, I might be better off on an old BSA or Triumph that weighs 300 lbs, not 425 lbs. It's the reason my pictures don't have the bike on the Center Stand, my right shoulder still is not right, it's back on the Center Stand in the dehumidified garage I keep it in, but on the gravel, I did not want to lay it over.
The only thing I did to this bike was to put a new AGM battery in, and I still have a BMW Trickle Charger I keep it plugged in to, the bike had a 600 mile service before I got it. I also have the unblemished Owners Manual. As far as equipment, it has ESA, DTC, Integrated ABS, Heated Grips, a Mud Sling (Protects the rear shock from tire splatter), a Skid Plate, a Small Windshield, the rear luggage rack and Wire Rims which only came on the Classic. In addition, I have two basically new seats, in new condition, you can choose which one you want, and I have a brand new exhaust, which isn't needed, but the gentleman who sold me the bike included it in the purchase. If you want both seats and the exhaust, I'll give you an excellent price. The bike has a BMW warranty to fix the Fuel Strip until 2024, all it does is control the Reserve Light. Had I been able, I would have driven it over to have that fixed, but any dealer will fix it at no charge. One other thing, the discs have a little patina on them because the bike hasn't been driven since May, I'll take new pictures this week.
There's not much more I can tell you, they didn't make many of the Classic Model, so if you like driving something a little different, this is your bike. Please call me or send me a note if you have any questions. Jack 516-281-4560 Pictures on Cycle Trader, mine are too large to post here.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Where are you Jack, might help members who could be interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Thanks, I am on the North Shore of Long Island, NY. I keep the bike in Locust Valley in a dehumidified garage. As I noted, the bike is kept on a BMW Trickle Charger, and I start it every week or so for a few minutes, runs like watch. I think the price is fair, it's basically a new bike that was maintained since day one. I bought a Wilbers Lowering Kit for it, which has not been installed, it will lower the bike 30mm's. Jim at Jim's Beemer shop recommended I get the the manual model, which has 18 adjustments rather than the ESA model. His thought was that with the ESA, you get three temperatures, Hot, Warm and Cold. I'm not sure if that was the right choice, but it seemed to make sense except you have to stop to change the settings. Oh well, unless I can ride it, it doesn't matter anyway. Thanks for the idea of putting the location in. Jack

·
Registered
75 Posts
Price?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Call him at the number he posted.

·
Super Moderator
938 Posts
Reactions: Panzermann