BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Tried to remove each the left side trim removal today , but ran into trouble.
I removed the 3 obvious to me torx screws.
The panel was free towards the center end rear.
But the panel seemed to be still secured towards the tank.
I saw what looked like a round rubber peg snout 1/4" in diameter
I put it back instead of breaking it.

I was taking it off because there was a round shaped plastic device with wires coming from both ends, I thought it might be a fuse holder. I have been trying to locate the fuse holder so I can see what spare fuses to buy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You probably missed the fourth screw that is hidden behind the black plastic cover below the tank. The black cover has two screws and a peg that goes upwards into the painted side trim.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks
So you have to first remove the black plastic cover before you can remove the left side trim panel then?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok thanks
So you have to first remove the black plastic cover before you can remove the left side trim panel then?
Yes, I think that's the way to do it. Just undo the two screws on the black cover and pull it downwards. Then you'll see the screw that you missed, just below the rear end of the tank. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
5,382 Posts
I have been trying to locate the fuse holder so I can see what spare fuses to buy.
Have you checked the rider manual?

On the 1200-LC they’re under the rider’s seat.

Reactions: r0ckrat

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've checked under the seat and after opening a few of the plastic connector items, none of them contains fuses. What I see under the seat looks nothing like the fuse pictures shown in the manual

·
Super Moderator
5,382 Posts
Checking the owners manual for your model, it seems that unlike the 2015+ models, all circuits are controlled by the ECU/chassis computer, so there are no fuses. My similar technology era F800 was the same.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Panzarmann
It's hard to believe there would be no fuses. My previous R9T Pure has two mini blade fuses inside what looked like a connector. But you may be right as I haven't found any fuses yet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts