BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost 12,000 miles. Great condition. Never dropped. Pelican case luggage, about 35 liters total volume. Hepco-Becker side luggage racks and engine guards. Good (~1500 miles) Michelin Road 5 tires. BMW windscreen. Wunderlich Carbon-fiber tank bag. Rear top rack. Accessories total were close to $2000. Delivery to PNW possible.
Selling due to being old and having a leg problem.
$7500

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Almost 12,000 miles. Great condition. Never dropped. Pelican case luggage, about 35 liters total volume. Hepco-Becker side luggage racks and engine guards. Good (~1500 miles) Michelin Road 5 tires. BMW windscreen. Wunderlich Carbon-fiber tank bag. Rear top rack. Accessories total were close to $2000. Delivery to PNW possible.
Selling due to being old and having a leg problem.
$7500

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where are you located, and I don't see the engine guards in the pics, thanks. BTW I am in Oregon

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where are you located, and I don't see the engine guards in the pics, thanks. BTW I am in Oregon
I live in Friday Harbor, WA. I could deliver to Portland (where my son lives). The engine guards were installed after these pictures were taken; see attached. I have only ridden it around town since then. Note that I would drop the price to $7000, but no further. I am selling it because I am 69 years old and have a problem with my leg locking into a severe cramp. Thank you for inquiring. -- Roy Shaw

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in Friday Harbor, WA. I could deliver to Portland (where my son lives). The engine guards were installed after these pictures were taken; see attached. I have only ridden it around town since then. Note that I would drop the price to $7000, but no further. I am selling it because I am 69 years old and have a problem with my leg locking into a severe cramp. Thank you for inquiring. -- Roy Shaw

OK Roy, I just have few more questions if you don't mind. First I should mention that I am 73 and have close to a half million miles on beemers so I relate to your issues.
First what is the seat height, I'm 6/1 and was very comfortable on all three GSs and I understand this bike comes with a choice of three saddle heights?
second is the standard configuration is without DTC, does this bike come standard or enhanced?
I was planning on retiring from riding but my riding buddy for 50 plus years is clamoring for one last ride through the SW so I am thinking a smaller, lighter bike may be the answer but refering to the first question, I worry about leg bend, as you do also., If you would rather answer on the phone and talk about the bike you can reach me at 541-992-5075--Wayne Miller

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK Roy, I just have few more questions if you don't mind. First I should mention that I am 73 and have close to a half million miles on beemers so I relate to your issues.
First what is the seat height, I'm 6/1 and was very comfortable on all three GSs and I understand this bike comes with a choice of three saddle heights?
second is the standard configuration is without DTC, does this bike come standard or enhanced?
I was planning on retiring from riding but my riding buddy for 50 plus years is clamoring for one last ride through the SW so I am thinking a smaller, lighter bike may be the answer but refering to the first question, I worry about leg bend, as you do also., If you would rather answer on the phone and talk about the bike you can reach me at 541-992-5075--Wayne Miller
I will measure and get back to you. I know it is not the high seat. I was actually thinking of getting one of those Air Hawk cushions to sit on. I have mostly d

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will measure and get back to you. I know it is not the high seat. I was actually thinking of getting one of those Air Hawk cushions to sit on. I have mostly d
done long rides, through Montana, Yellowstone, Banff, etc. I would prefer the seat be a little higher, myself.
As well as I can measure, the lowest part of the seat is 31-32 inches from the ground.
The bike is the standard, no ESA or DTC. Let me know if you have any other questions. You can also call me: 434-239-5007

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried to call but the number says Lynchburg Va. Is the number you gave correct? I think we may have a sale if you can get it to Portland or the coast

·
Registered
7 Posts
Roy, I am trying to reach you to tell you that any day except wednesday next week is ok for me to receive the bike, just give me a days notice to get cash for you. Your phone says your number is not working.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wayne, see email I just sent. The tires have 2200 miles on them. I still have not checked for a trailer, but had better get busy (presuming the extra miles on the tires
are not a showstopper).
I would prefer a cashier's check instead of cash. That way I can just take a picture of it and make a deposit on the spot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
tires mileage is not an issue, and a cashiers check would be fine and easier for me, just give me a day to get for you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts