BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2015 R1200R with 35,000 miles and full service history - anything specific to check or be concerned about?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Check the doco' to see if diff oil and brake fluids have been changed, and also the oil & filters at the req'd mileage / time. Might also be worth checking how much brake pad & tyre life is left - could be a point of negotiation?

Perhaps worth checking the service doco' to see if any software updates have been applied. Others may chime in about other factory mandated updates / retro-fits.

If the price is within your budget, the above checks out, it looks well cared for and you like it, then just buy it and ride it like you stole it. Pics pls if you proceed. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5,007 Posts
There are no endemic issues with the model and, given there's a full service history, it's simply a matter of overall condition of the bike and its consumables (tyres, brake pads, as Herdy says), whether the services are up to date, and what the bike and any fitted farkles are worth to you. When I last spoke to the dealer's service manager, there hadn't been a firmware update for my bike. It rides so well, I don't think I want one, anyway. I was only thinking this morning that the 1250 has a softer throttle response off zero, and I'd hate to lose the sharpness of mine through some cotton-wool firmware update.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Excellent! You won't regret it. I know I haven't. Pics and feedback pls once you and your new steed have become fully acquainted. And welcome aboard. Remember, the only dumb question is the one not asked...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts