BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would be grateful to hear about any hand guards that will fit my new bike. The GIVIs I had on the R1200R wont fit as the SOS button is in the way. Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Have you looked at the Barkbuster single point fitment options? The fit to the bar ends.

OEM GS guards for the current model may also be an option.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you looked at the Barkbuster single point fitment options? The fit to the bar ends.

OEM GS guards for the current model may also be an option.
Thanks Panzermann - I'll take a closer look at the Barkbusters and the ones my brother has on his 2020 GS (hadn't thought of that)! Powerbronze also look as though they make something that will fit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It’s the Barkbuster Storm which according to the website is for weather protection only. They are very solid however - I would rate it up to a lorikeet at 100kmh.

barkbusters.net/products/storm/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s the Barkbuster Storm which according to the website is for weather protection only. They are very solid however - I would rate it up to a lorikeet at 100kmh.

barkbusters.net/products/storm/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many thanks daaef - that is very helpful. It's weather protection I am after. Not too many lorikeets in Oxfordshire - it's the road-running pheasants you have to look out for at this time of year! Cheers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought the Givi guards before I actually picked the bike up. Never thought about the SOS button !!!! :mad:I fitted them anyway, i just filed a small piece away on the fixing bracket. This allowed the screw that holds the SOS button in place to fit back in. I also cut a small piece from the back of the button to allow it to slide over the angle of the bracket. Should have returned them, but I liked the look of them and they work well. 20201014_120811.jpg

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Check out this thread on the Barkbusters;

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check out this thread on the Barkbusters;

Hope it helps.
Thanks ff - much appreciated