BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish the tire manufactures would put tread depth indicators in the CENTER of the tire as well as the sides.
That way there would be less of a surprise as to when the cords begin to show.
Michelin PR 5s going on today.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
That is the Z8's wear indicator!

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Seems to affect Pirelli and Metzler the most (I think they are the same company). Looks good in the morning, shagged by dinner.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had Pirelli Rosso 3s and Michelin Sports on a Ducati, same thing.
Hard to plan a trip.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Always have some duct tape handy :)
When running Z8s.

T

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
81 Posts
They could at least put a half dozen "holes" like slicks. It's not exactly rocket science.

I'm doing my best to keep that from being a problem.

·
Super Moderator
5,397 Posts
I like @Mr. Badger 's approach - wear the sides before the centre. 👌

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not enamored with the Z8. I had the same thing happen to a set of Angel GTs on my last bike. I picked up the bike with 3100 miles on it and a definite flat-spot dead center. Since the PO seemed to like riding slab, I am doing my best @Mr. Badger impersonation to wear it ALL out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can’t imagine that shredded sidewall happening on public roads around here! My front tire was very V shaped, the rear as you can see probably was the result of enjoying the acceleration a bit too much. My maximum lean angle shows up on the TFT as about 35 degrees. I have yet to scrape the pegs. BTW, I am going to post a new thread about the new tires totally transformed the bike into a different beast. (Way bettter)

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you look closely at @Mr. Badger's profile pic, he looks like he is enjoying some track time, thus the shredded sidewalls. Will look for your tire thread with great interest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Been there, done that. Was 600 miles from home on a Sunday morning when I saw the first bit of chord. This is what it looked like after I got home late that night. Made for a slow days ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts