BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
2020 R1250R HP 2018 Triumph T120
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the letters on the calipers needed some more pop. A little hard to see imo. So this was my idea to try and 'highlight' them some. A Sharpie, sandpaper and some metal polish is what I used. Pretty simple to do.

Dave in NE TN
Reactions: mikeS

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will say they've been the best performing set of calipers I've ever owned (out of 3 bikes owned with twin front discs)... Now, I think because of my ingenious thinking, it is the best looking set of calipers I've ever owned.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't remember saying I was giving anything away. Please re-read my post...lol.

Git yer own.

Registered
Did you forget how you titled it? lol...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, how about this. If you don't already have those 3 items in your garage, then you are not entitled to do this mod...:ROFLMAO:

Registered
2020 R1250R HP
Bragger. I bet no GS rider ever did that with their leaky Hayes calipers.馃ぃ
Even if they did, the brake fluid would just melt it away.

Almost sounds like you don't appreciate that they only switched to Hayes to give you better performance because they love you.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have another easy mod to share.

When re-installing the battery covers, I always seemed to push the rubber grommets back behind its holder. The cover's knobs would push them back. Kind of a pita.

So I decided to glue the grommets in. Then I took my vice-grips and flattened out the knobs. Now it slides in without pushing it out the back !!

Another simple no cost mod. Provided you have glue and pliers... (y)

Does anyone else have any other no or low cost mods to share?

Mark 鈥 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
I have simply added small zip ties to the side cover grommets to stop them falling should they dislodge. Of course, now that I have added that deterrent, they stay in place.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought of painting the "shift cam" letters on the coil covers.

I remembered a trick when painting calipers on my car. I learned that if you apply chapstick, any paint applied won't stick. Using my finger, I dabbed chapstick (cherry flavor of course) being careful to not get any "inside" of the letter grooves, all around and in between the letters. I then filled the letters using acrylic paint (water based) and then carefully wiped off any excess. I decided on blue so it wouldn't stand out too much. Easy enough to change colors too...

This is how it came out,

Registered
Using my finger, I dabbed chapstick (cherry flavor of course) being careful to not get any "inside" of the letter grooves, all around and in between the letters. I then filled the letters using acrylic paint (water based) and then carefully wiped off any excess.
So, basically, this is the story of how you lost your cherry鈥hapstick? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: tima
1 - 16 of 16 Posts