BMW R1200R Forum banner

Accessories

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Panzermann 
#1 ·
So, here's what I've done so far. An initial problem for me was that I found a number of things listed for 2019 R1250R but not 2020 -- and no one seemed able to say that '19 parts would fit a '20. Fortunately I was in the area and stopped at Bob's BMW. Drew in parts informed me that the '19 and '20 are the same. Pics below show the BMW 'high' windscreen,' Givi handguards, Z-technik mirror relocators (they shift them out about 1.5" to give a better view of what is directly behind you), RG tank grips and a Sargent tall seat. All fit well but I believe I'll need a higher wind screen.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
In the windscreen, I went with Givi. Taller and cheaper than BMW. Only issue I had was mounting. The tapered ends of the BMW hardware means you should hand start all 4 screws to ensure you don’t cross thread. Then snug them down as you would wheel lugnuts. Tighten any before threading all 4 will offset holes just enough to infuriate. This is from my RS. So I’m not sure if it’s what you need on an R.

Attachments

#3 ·
The accessories recommend below as they are functional and integrate well to keep the bike looking as stock as possible.

OEM BMW cylinder head guards
Machine Moto Art rear mud slinger
Machine Moto Art Avant Guard to protect your painted engine and headers

Several threads on here about screens, my bike came with the sport screen and so far I like the Bike without a screen best especially if you can stay below 80 MPH on the freeway.

However I did put the screen back for the colder weather and will most likely purchase a MRA Vario for touring as it gets great reviews on here.

Reactions: mikeS
#5 ·
I’ve debated the value of these. Based on how my RS is set up, the radiator is high enough that I can’t see anything of substance getting up there to damage it. I suppose the R’s radiator is more exposed. My XX was similar, but there was a more direct shot as an oil cooler was mounted above the radiator...placing it lower and more exposed.

Reactions: Cottons
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.