BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to figure out what toprack will work with a Givi V42 top box and the stock BMW side racks/cases. i spoke to twisted throttle and they say the SW-Motech toprack will not work with the stock BMW sideracks/cases. they say i need to replace the sideracks and replace the stock BMW sidecases in order to get a Givi topbox installed on my bike. can anyone tell me the easiest way to add a Givi topbox to my '07 R1200R.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
I looked at fitting a Givi plate to my 12R but decided to stick with the 28L BMW topbox she came with. I did buy a second hand 49L BMW box but it looked way too big. The Givi looked smaller but didn't look as good. I've now bought a 30L Givi waterproof holdall to strap to the top of the box for the odd occasion I need the extra space.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have also used the Coocase adapter plate shown in the above link for my R1200R and I am now using my Givi top case when I ride with my wife as she takes tons of stuff. However, beware that the adapter plate will only work attached to the BMW original rear luggage rack. Not all models come with the BMW rear luggage rack. If not, you will need to install it (and it comes in a single unit together with the side racks, not separately). Hope this helps.

Carlos

1 - 9 of 9 Posts