BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to ask again. There were some older posts about upgrading to the new display. I love my bike, but would love the new display. Any ideas? Thanks. And sorry to hit this topic again...especially mid-global-pandemic. But little things are gonna get me through it.

·
Super Moderator
R1200R-LC Exclusive, 06/2015, Thunder Grey
4,453 Posts
I assume you mean adding the 1250 display to a 1200-LC.

I don’t believe it is feasible - I won’t say impossible, but unless you can hack into these things and re-program them for compatibility, it would require effort by the factory. And they’re not going to do it - their interest is in selling you a new 1250.

·
Registered
2017 BMW R1200R. (Fastest Red) Toronto
121 Posts
There is a retrofit kit available for the 2017 and newer GS models. €1400

no mention of it being available for R/RS

·
Super Moderator
R1200R-LC Exclusive, 06/2015, Thunder Grey
4,453 Posts
I have a vague recollection this info came up in an earlier thread on this question. The key to it, I think, is that from 2017 the TFT became available on the GS platform, so a retrofit kit was made available to accommodate bikes that weren’t fitted with that option.

The TFT has never been available as an option for the 1200 Roadster, and BMW Motorrad won’t put the effort into such a kit for a superseded model.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Yeah, the issue is that I can read the new 1250 display without reading glasses, whereas I cannot read the old one...which, unfortunately, is the one I have on my 2015 R1200R.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts