BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just returned to riding after a five year hiatus! Way too long. However, I have a nice set of BMW "reflector" leathers that I bought about ten or twelve years ago. It looks like I've lost about two inches off the waist! The jacket fits but the pants are so baggy. Does anyone know if there's a place that can make adjustments to leathers. I seem to recall they cost me about $1200 originally so if I can get them adjusted it would make more sense than trying to sell them and then go buy another set. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Been there, done that. Find a local shop capable of tailoring leather. That’s not an easy find but if you’re near a big city, at least in the US, you’ll eventually find the lead after talking to two or three of the nearby alteration shops. Else, use the phonebook. Don’t trust a remote operation since you’ll need to be present to get the fit correct for ‘you’. And don’t trust someone who says they can ‘try’. They either have the capable sewing machine equipment or they don’t. Best,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts