BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow
The leak on the right side after fell off on the left...tried to start her up but failed ..thick white smoke came out of the exhaust...

Finally managed to start her up and rode with white exhaust all the way for a couple of minutes....

Lube oil into the cylinder ?!:(

The minor leak still there at the air box seam though...grrrr

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black silicone caulking or putty to fill a large crack. Tape if it's a small crack with a clean and flat smooth surface. Replacement? Your call.
If the white smoke stopped, probably OK. Check spark plugs. Possible oil fouling.
Hi Clem
The white smoke stopped after a few minutes riding. I guess once the lube oil in the cylinder was gone it stopped...

The airbox leak where the top and bottom half meet..it's right below the air box pipe to the inlet cylinder

I did ride for 30min-ish last night to check the performance...she seemed to run fine...

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
The white smoke following a dump on the right side is a natural consequence of the dump. Oil gets into the air box the same as if the engine oil was overfilled. The oil in the airbox gets sucked down the cylinder and burns white. If the filter itself is fooled, that could impede airflow. The airbox leak is not characteristic of the species to my knowledge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The white smoke following a dump on the right side is a natural consequence of the dump. Oil gets into the air box the same as if the engine oil was overfilled. The oil in the airbox gets sucked down the cylinder and burns white. If the filter itself is fooled, that could impede airflow. The airbox leak is not characteristic of the species to my knowledge.
las
Thanks for the info.. My oil level gone from max fulled to half filled max-min....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
las
Thanks for the info.. My oil level gone from max fulled to half filled max-min....
Latest update
Sent to dealer to fix the air box leak...they cleaned inside the air box , did minor touched up on handle ..

And they charged for this service...hmmm...
Anyway I ordered the high windshield as well, plan to fit it in a week

1 - 8 of 8 Posts