BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very nice! Good to know that it fits. When will you be able to get out on it, given the crap weather we're having?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just had a weekend in Rhayader and only just got the bike clean from that

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well done!
I can't face getting my still showroom-condition bike covered in mud and crap in the lanes where I live. I'm hopefully getting it couriered down to Spain in January so I'm keeping my powder dry for the time being!

Did you notice any performance improvements?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really, I think the stock chrome can is quite free flowing, the Scorpion made more noise with the baffle out, the Akra has fixed baffles so its pretty quiet, I didn't want to make more noise just lose the chrome

·
Registered
49 Posts
Given the impact of the silencer shape on the engine performance, are you sure the R1200R will perform as espected with a silencer not designed for its engine ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Why has he said they’re for the RT ? How can you tell they’re for the R, is it the number printed on the can?
Thanks for the heads up!

·
Super Moderator
5,127 Posts
1200LC and 1250 have completely different exhaust systems from the header back

Reactions: mort

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, what makes you certain it will fit a r1250r ?
I did some research on the part number printed on the back, and its listed for an R1250R and RS, also the only fitment with the twin outlet that I can find is for the 1250, the reason its listed for an RT is because the seller knows it fits an RT, I'm pretty sure it will fit a 2015 R1200R because it is fitted to mine

·
Registered
31 Posts
The 1200R Akra end can that I was selling fits the 1250 too. Kind of Akrapovic to keep that one quiet. I tried fitting it yesterday and I had it on in 20 mins. I’d previosly mulled over the Akra website and it misleads you into thinking that a 1200R end can won’t fit the 1250R......

·
Super Moderator
5,127 Posts
Well, that’s a revelation, @Mark7. Without comparing the two side by side, my impression was the mid pipe angles were quite different.

But clearly I was ... W. R. O. N. G. ...

·
Registered
31 Posts
It’s all trial and error tbh, you would never know this stuff without messing with it.......

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Well, that’s a revelation, @Mark7. Without comparing the two side by side, my impression was the mid pipe angles were quite different.

But clearly I was ... W. R. O. N. G. ...

What was that? Did you say you were Wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Might have got a bit too excited @Panzermann and should have shown a little restraint and respect. It will never happen again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts