BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this discussion a couple of years ago in a semi-humorous thread but I got nowhere. Even BMW Munich can't get to the bottom of it. So much so that they told me the light does not show up on their technical drawings (!!!) and they suggested that I should ignore it. In truth, the bike works normally.

Upon a cold start, the alarm light comes on momentarily and goes off after about 1 second. It doesn't come on when the bike is restarted within, say, 30 minutes. It never did it before and I know of no-one with an R1200 bike who has ever experienced it. I'm attaching a pic - it's at the point where the pointers are just about to go round and come back again.

I've tried all sorts of things with the alarm system but to no avail. I would appreciate if someone knows what the light is for.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
What year bike? This section is for 2015+, so limited exposure for that cluster style. When you say "alarm light" - does yours have an anti-theft system, and that is what this light is related to?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 2011 model and it's got an anti-theft alarm. I'm assuming it relates to the alarm statement but I've tried everything in the Alarm handbook and no joy so far. It's very frustrating that BMW don't know their own machine. Other than that it's a reasonably good bike.

Thanks for the interest.

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,509 Posts
It's there simply to annoy you ...

There, solved. Now ride more, wonder less (to paraphrase Clem).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts