BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , looking for a screen for my tour this year , I am 5,6 , 29 in seam - looking to take a bit of wind pressure off my chest - my thoughts are oem sports screen - my r doesn’t have the bracket so need that also or the new generation sports screen - anyone used them and pros/ cons of each one if you have them - cheers all 😀

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm 5'9" and the wind coming off of the windscreen on my Wunderlich fairing was hitting me in the chest and giving me terrible head buffeting. I added a Puig windscreen spoiler and in it's closed position it completely solved my problem.
Peripheral Automotive mirror Eyewear Automotive design Fender

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes chad I thought about maybe one of those too , could I fit one ( or similar ) onto the oem sports screen on my r1250r would anyone know or is it too small - cost is also a factor as the oem screen and bracket isn’t cheap

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes chad I thought about maybe one of those too , could I fit one ( or similar ) onto the oem sports screen on my r1250r would anyone know or is it too small - cost is also a factor as the oem screen and bracket isn’t cheap
the Puig spoiler I got comes in 3 different sizes and they are quite adjustable as far as fit is concerned. the Puig wasn't the cheapest on the market, I've seen ones as cheap as 40 bucks. I have got a Puig screen on my Versys, I like it a lot, so I went with that brand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all , looking for a screen for my tour this year , I am 5,6 , 29 in seam - looking to take a bit of wind pressure off my chest - my thoughts are oem sports screen - my r doesn’t have the bracket so need that also or the new generation sports screen - anyone used them and pros/ cons of each one if you have them - cheers all 😀

Hi, I’ve added a Technik Vstream screen, mid size, it’s fixed all of the wind problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I’m the same height with a 30‘’ inseam. Ive just had a TECHNIK VSTREAM installed. Amazing difference.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts