BMW R1200R Forum banner

Aussie Rider Training

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Thunder Fighter 
#1 ·
I think rider training, no matter how long you’ve been riding, is a good thing to participate in. Apart from learning new skills & improving old ones, it’s fun.
All of my rider training has been through Stayupright. My first course was at Amaroo Park not long after Max & Warwick started their business. Every few years I go back for a refresher. The attendees are always a mixed group & the instructors knowledgeable & good at imparting their knowledge. However I’m considering attending The Californian Superbike School after talking to a number of guy I ride with who’ve gone through their courses. None however have attended SU so I was wondering if anyone here has been to both & can tell me how different their teaching is when compared to each other?
Stricko

#2 ·
I don’t have direct knowledge from doing a Superbike school, all of my advanced training has been with Stay Upright as well, but it’s been a long time since I have done a refresher. I looked the the super bike school a few years ago and it seemed that while stay upright concentrated on general skills for the road (low speed control, emergency braking & unlocking brakes, etc) the first few levels of the super bike school looked more specifically at body position on the bike, cornering, throttle & brake control. I.e. more towards riding on a track or at least how to corner on the road or track better.

I will be interested to hear from someone who has done both as well as I need to do a refresher and trying to get my son along to one as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.