BMW R1200R Forum banner

Aussie safety spot

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  mcmonkey mcbean 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Not to rain on anybody's parade, BUT - the rider, dressed all in black and riding a black bike (admittedly with lights on) could hardly try harder to make himself more invisible!

L of S

#7 ·
YMMV, but I've observed little to no difference in other drivers' behaviour regardless what I wear. I've tried a black jacket with some reflective panels, white leather, bright yellow jacket, bright fluro yellow jacket. So my conclusion is if they're not looking, they're not looking.

That said, they did seem to notice me more on my matte orange Victory Judge. But then again, that bike couldn't seem to get anywhere without getting noticed. I literally couldn't stop for petrol without getting asked about the bike. Even heard reports of random unknown people sitting on her taking pics while she's parked outside my office.
(... Gawd, I miss her. If only I could afford multiple bikes.)

#8 ·
There was a TV spot here in the U.S. a year or two ago that was very graphic - made me run cold every time I saw it. Probably out floating on the net somewhere, but it was shot from the POV of the interior of a car, looking at the driver from the passenger seat. The driver approaches an intersection and looks one way, then the other, and then pulls out into the intersection.

Like a flash, a fast-moving motorcycle comes up on his drivers side, which the car driver didn't check again before pulling out. The motorcycle slams into the driver door of the car, thump, glass flying, driver is dazed. All while continuing in the same view, POV inside the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.