BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly tall, 6.3" and when I straighten my posture and my back, my palms are completely off grips and only mid-fingers touch the grips.

Everyone installing standard risers that's is 25mm. I am wondering if that's too little for me, how can 25mm make significant difference?
I am looking at 40MM Ergo risers: Wunderlich »ERGO+« handlebar riser

The problem is- you can't know until you tried. And it's $200 to try.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got these
on my '16 LC. They appear to be the same as what you posted but Wunderlich USA says they bring the bars 35mm higher and 25mm closer. I'm 5'10" with a 15.5" sleeve length and find thee are perfect for me. Given you're 6'3" you'll probably want the extra height, but a lot depends on how long your arms are. You never really know what works for you until you try it.

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
... and how long your torso is, and how much you arch your back when you ride, and ....
It's a highly personal thing, kind of like seats.

Something like Rox Risers can give you a bit of variance to experiment with.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I’m 5’9”. I bought the Hornig 25 mm and 30 mm up/21 mm back risers. I wound up using the 30/21 which are pretty comfortable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Perhaps old school, but put the bike on the center stand or have someone hold it up while you sit on it. Close your eyes and reach where you feel you should be. Note that position and take measurements. Compare those measurements to what risers are available out there in the market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts