BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Of course your first post was a teaser for your next one that will detail the brand, model and source ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the mirrors came from Amazon they are cheap i wanted to make sure they fit $18.95 apair usd Okstino barend mirrors work quite well you need longer 8mm bolts to fit thru thr barend weights

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
better vision,and to tell you the truth i like the looks been riding for 60 years and i always used barend nirrors wish i still had my 900ss ducati

·
Registered
51 Posts
I modified some cheap EBay ones to fit my LC - very happy with the performance and look.

48114A13-A4B2-42A8-911D-C5FE1BE9CEFA.jpeg

·
Registered
93 Posts
Does anyone know the size of the inner side of the R1200R LC handlebar ?

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
It’s threaded- M8
Thank you, do you happen to know of the top of your head the size/diameter of the inner side of the handlebar 'tube' ?
I.e. many of the mirrors seem to come with an adapter, which slides into the handlebar (I assume for when mirror-clip would not fit on weight as-is/mirror does not utilize mirror-clip for mounting/no weight/etc)

P.s. currently have my sight on this mirrors set, in case anyone has an opinion to share

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
the size/diameter of the inner side of the handlebar 'tube' ?
As mentioned, the end is closed, with only an M8 threaded hole in the end. You'd need to shorten the bars by cutting the threaded part off if you simply wanted a tube ending. 😮

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the handlebar on my 2014 dark white is solid thats why i got longer bolts and went in thru the bar end weights

·
Registered
204 Posts
P.s. currently have my sight on this mirrors set, in case anyone has an opinion to share
That set of mirrors is designed to work with several versions of bars, and would probably work fine.

It has both a bar-clamp, and a bolt-into setup, so the bolt that goes into the jam-fit device could be replaced with an M8 bolt into the BMW bar-end. The clamps may even fit over the end of the bar if the grips/controls can be moved inboard to make room (I don't know if this is possible, or if the clamps are the right I.D. for the O.D. of the BMW bar.)

See expanded view:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Here's another view that shows the adapters out of the bar-clamps on another of their mirrors, just for reference, and an illustration of the application.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If anyone is interested in a pair of brand new still-in-the box Rizoma Spy R mirrors, let me know. They are $165 each and I'll sell the pair for $275. They will be listed in the classifieds shortly.

Spy R at Revzilla

JtL

·
Registered
32 Posts
manufacturers want to sell you their rebranded overpriced acessories + try to make it harder to use others!! Halcyon makes some beautiful polished stainless ones at a decent cost + black chrome ones at a higher cost. they have round + napolean style + the view is EXCELLENT on the round ones + prolly better on the bigger style, bar inserts + adapters for some bikes

1 - 17 of 17 Posts