BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
R1250R
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks Dougl and Panzermann.

I’ll just leave it to do it’s stuff. Originally I was gonna take the battery out and use my cheapo wee Draper charger – but then, after initially looking under the seat, I eventually found the battery. So then I ordered the optimate.

Yeah, I have to say there’s far too much technology on this bike. My old FZS1000, you turn the ignition on, press start and go. That’s it.

Anyway, the UK is in lock down now – so no non-essential travel allowed. Great time to get a new bike.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I haven’t tried to comprehend it. I just plug it in and hope that it’s working. I know there are “programs” but with the BMW plug, I don’t think there are any wrong choices I can make.

·
Registered
R1250R
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I worked out if you short out the charging leads, and switch it on it will change from one mode the other. In standard charger mode it's just the power LED that is left lit. So I switched it off, and counted to ten then switched it back on again. I think the save and charge lamps were left blinking. So switched off again, unshorted the leads and switched on again, the red LED flashed but then it ended up with just the green power lamp on. So I switched off again, plugged it into the R1250R, switched on - the red lamp fashed again - then it settled as per photo.

Presumably if charging other batteries you switch ot to normal charger mode.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts