BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with my 2007, the manual calls for a 12V 14Ah battery. I was unable to find a 14Ah battery through non-motorcycle specific suppliers, so I checked Revzilla and found a Yuasa 12V 14Ah battery. I ordered it and it arrived today. Although the part number on the battery I received YTX14H-BS (M6RH4H) matches the part number on the Revzilla stock photo (see attached), the battery I received is marked 12Ah (see attached). I called Revzilla customer service and the representative was unable to provide any meaningful assistance, except to confirm that her system shows the battery as 14Ah, but that the Yuasa website shows it as 12Ah. Can anyone enlighten me on the significance of amp hours, whether the difference between 14Ah and 12Ah makes a difference on our bikes, and if so, why can’t I find any 14Ah batteries?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Amp hours describe a battery's capacity. It's not quite as simple as this, but a 12 Ah batt can put out 1 Amp for 12 hours, while a 14 Ah batt could go longer. Looking at the specs, they both have the same 240 Cold Cranking Amps rating, which describes their ability to put out the big amps that the starter demands, probably the most important thing.

·
Registered
2017 R1200r LC sport.
2,084 Posts
I think you'll find that they are the same battery, made in different plants. I don't think there is a 14AH battery in that physical size, they are bigger so wont fit your bike. A 240CCA battery is plenty for your bike, standard is 200A so if you want more you will need to look at a lithium battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts