BMW R1200R Forum banner

Been here a while, but finally introducing myself.

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  treaux 
#1 ·
Just saying hi from California. I'm a long time Beemer enthusiast and I indoctrinated my wife into the club when she got an R1200R about 5 years ago that ended up having some major problems (including the dealer botching a clutch job and eventually buying the bike back). My wife ended up on a 2012 R1200RT like me, but now that we're not both commuting we're going to sell one of the RTs. It's already been replaced with a beautiful 2007 R1200R that will primarily be my wife's bike. Altogether, it's our eleventh BMW motorcycle, so we're pretty well versed with them, especially the hexhead and camhead years.

I'm a paramedic by trade, but also a motorcycle instructor for our state program and a decent home mechanic. I enjoy long distance riding as well as track riding and I also just bought an R1200S for myself that was a blast to take to the track (I also have a GSXR track bike).

Anyways, It's nice to be here and hope to participate and learn a lot :)

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Just saying hi from California. I'm a long time Beemer enthusiast and I indoctrinated my wife into the club when she got an R1200R about 5 years ago that ended up having some major problems (including the dealer botching a clutch job and eventually buying the bike back). My wife ended up on a 2012 R1200RT like me, but now that we're not both commuting we're going to sell one of the RTs. It's already been replaced with a beautiful 2007 R1200R that will primarily be my wife's bike. Altogether, it's our eleventh BMW motorcycle, so we're pretty well versed with them, especially the hexhead and camhead years.

I'm a paramedic by trade, but also a motorcycle instructor for our state program and a decent home mechanic. I enjoy long distance riding as well as track riding and I also just bought an R1200S for myself that was a blast to take to the track (I also have a GSXR track bike).

Anyways, It's nice to be here and hope to participate and learn a lot :)

View attachment 111787
And the best color choice.
Out of curiosity!
What's the yellow yoke in the garage with the underseat exhaust?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.