BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen/ does anyone make a belly-pan fairing that would fit an R?

A long time ago (around 2001 or '2) I had such a things on my then Yamaha Diversion 900, and it added quite a nice neat look. It was made of f'glass, but I cannot possibly recall where I got it from, although I have in mind that it was really intended for some other naked bike, but that it fitted OK with a bit of trimming and fiddling and making-up of some brackets...

Apart from the visual appeal, an effective belly-pan fairing might help to make cleaning this difficult-to-access undersection of the bike.

Look forward to any responses..

L of S

outer Brisbane, SE Queensland, Australia

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Belly pan/ fairing...

Alright already! I should have looked through this section before posting my enquiry. I have seen some items of interest here - mainly from Hornig - so need look no more.

Thanks anyway, guys and gels...

L of S

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure does look sweet, Clem - but clearly made from Unaffordium! I shall have to insist to my wife that she must win the Lottery, then I can add ALL these delicious goodies!

l of S

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure looks sweet, Eh? But a weeny bit pricey. $1107.33 If that price doesn't make you blink at least once, your pockets are deeper than mine. Ha-Ha!:001_tongue:
By a very strange coincidence, today I went to visit a bike smash repairer/ repainter/ etc recommended to me as one who could do a very good paint job on the new 'Trophy' fairing I'm about to order. This business also sells parts from crashed bikes (and boy! - were there a lot of them: I commented, looking at the scene of carnage in the lock-up, that it's enough to make you give it up!) But I saw a cuppla belly-pan fairings there on crashed bikes, one a Buell of some species, and the guy said they have a number of such items - he's just gotta suss them out. I'm going to go back and have a good look around (and maybe to other bike wreckers too) as I may be able to get something I could adapt in some suitable way to fit, at a fraction of the cost of the Hornig item, tho' I must say I do like it a lot!

Deep pockets? Not me! Understanding wife? In spades!!

L of S

will keep you posted...

L of S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts