BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery's getting on in age, starts on chilly mornings are little less "enthused" than normal, so seems like it's time.

What's everyone's favorite these days? The BMW battery is $195, and that's a bit on the insane side. Not looking to swap to LiOn. Bike's a daily driver, year-round commuter.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thinking about doing the same thing myself, so await learned responses from folks here with mucho interest.

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
5,684 Posts
Many will chip in with their favourite, but my advice is simply don’t buy the BMW item. It’s just a rebranded item from another manufacturer. My original was a Deka from Brasil.

Reactions: MikeHSG

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's only about 4-5 makers really. Yuasa, Deka, Duracell, Interstate, and Duralast last I recall. But each makes a couple for our bikes, so seeing other owner's experience is good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Last year, after reading reviews/posts/etc I have opted for the Duracell ETX14 AGM Powersport Battery (from Sam's club) and happy with it thus far.

P.s.
(In case not old news to you, it has been to me)
If you get an AGM/Gel battery, make sure your battery-maintainer (if you have one) supports this type of battery.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Deka has a battery made in the USA in Pennsylvania, I believe. I remember when shopping for a replacement on my Yamaha reading good reviews of their product.
BTW being lazy at the moment not wanting to go to the garage and figure it out myself. Is it complicated to replace the battery on the R12R LC?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Deka has a battery made in the USA in Pennsylvania, I believe. I remember when shopping for a replacement on my Yamaha reading good reviews of their product.
BTW being lazy at the moment not wanting to go to the garage and figure it out myself. Is it complicated to replace the battery on the R12R LC?
Fairly easy job. In fact I just replaced mine with a Deka (re-branded to a Canadian automotive store). I‘ve used Dekas in the past with good results.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Search for Big Crank. I’ve been very happy with them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There's only about 4-5 makers really. Yuasa, Deka, Duracell, Interstate, and Duralast last I recall. But each makes a couple for our bikes, so seeing other owner's experience is good.
Do NOT buy a Yuasa. They used to be good but their quality sucks now. I just replaced mine. It's an AGM Glass battery. It was Pricey though & I think it might have the BMW logo on it. It was $195 but they are a great reliable battery & I won't have to worry about it for years plus it has a warranty.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Reactions: MikeHSG
1 - 12 of 12 Posts