BMW R1200R Forum banner
181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Jet-Hot says flat or satin black.
Flat black would look like crap, so forget that option. Satin black was my black Akra guess, and somebody just confirmed that above, so that's the way to go. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just went through the same process with my Gen 1 R1200R . I settled on Delkevic and went for a 450mm oval S/S can as that was the quietest (96dB-98dB static with baffle @ 60% RPM). The exhaust note is far better than the OEM can and a lot lighter (2.46Kg). If anything, in hindsight I would probably gone for one of their slightly shorter cans as I find this one a touch too quiet and as a consequence running it without the removable baffle. Which produces a lovely deep burble but definitely not obnoxiously loud, just right so you know it's a big twin.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
My Arrow turned up after almost 3 months thanks to COVID affected supply chain issues. Happy with the outcome in looks and sound, a little more fruity and warmer than standard.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently went through the same process for my hexhead (looks and growl) and got a PipeWerx. Half the price of Akra, Arrow, SC. Sounds and looks great (reflection from snow thrower on baffle looks cool too). Super easy install and no unsightly springs. Has a removable baffle, but I haven't bothered to remove it. It makes me very happy. View attachment 111797 View attachment 111798
That is a really nice looking good quality can, well finished too by the looks of the picture. I’m pleased with the sound of my Delkevic, but it doesn’t look as pretty as your PipeWerx.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking at a slip on, mostly for looks and growl. Coming up with a ton of ads for GR Moto, but I've never heard of them. Other than Akro, what's out there - and most importantly, what's not crazy expensive?
Looking at a slip on, mostly for looks and growl. Coming up with a ton of ads for GR Moto, but I've never heard of them. Other than Akro, what's out there - and most importantly, what's not crazy expensive?
Nothing looks or sounds as good as the OEM can. Believe me. Unless you go for he new Akra (sound is inferior), you will end up with a cheap-looking, underperforming and annoyingly loud slip on.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Nothing looks or sounds as good as the OEM can. Believe me. Unless you go for he new Akra (sound is inferior), you will end up with a cheap-looking, underperforming and annoyingly loud slip on.
I agree about the OEM muffler sound and I don’t care for any of the aftermarket muffler sounds. However, I think the chrome muffler on a black bike is either just right or too brash looking. I’ve been looking for a black muffler that sounds the same as stock. Just ordered a stainless/carbon BOS Desert Fox muffler. We’ll see.

181 - 187 of 187 Posts