BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one of these and how do you like it? I’m thinking of getting the hi-vis neon version. I normally wear a hi-vis vest over my jacket anyway, so I’ll be able to dispense with the vest at least.

·
Registered
R1200R LC 2017
2 Posts
I wear this AirShell jacket for ~3 years, it's very convenient, one of my best moto-purchases :).

As actually it's a mesh shell with internal windproof jacket and a warm vest - I wear them separately and mix additional layers according to temperature (although there's a way to connect them together). The internal windbreaker jacket can be worn separately as a regular thing, I use it during walks, leaving the outer jacket on the motorcycle.

The only downside is that the waterproof jacket is worn inside the main jacket, so you'll get a wet jacket under rain.
Second drawback - the fluorescent parts get filled with dust with time, which doesn't wash out - so it's not so bright now as it was initially. Maybe I needed to wash it more frequently?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm on my second one, first one was an original and I wore it for at least 6 years. The collar had a coating on it like most BMW jackets, that pealed off and there was some other normal wear. The Gore-Tex liner came delaminated in the wash, other than that it was solid when I sold it. New one is current or maybe one generation old. I really like it. Good armor although I wear a Helite Vest and remove the back protector from the jacket. I also have an older BMW Venting Machine jacket which I like as well. All that said, the yellow will turn slightly lemony with time and exposure to the sun, nature of the beast...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts