BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I ha e a bmw heat up vest but have misplaced the controller and y cable , I enclose a pic of what I have - would anyone happen to have one at all - I had it on my gs - disconnected the cable and haven’t saw it again lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
Controllers from other heated gear will work. If it doesn't have a coaxial connector you can get a adapter cable.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all I ha e a bmw heat up vest but have misplaced the controller and y cable , I enclose a pic of what I have - would anyone happen to have one at all - I had it on my gs - disconnected the cable and haven’t saw it again lol View attachment 110508
[/QUOTE
Controllers from other heated gear will work. If it doesn't have a coaxial connector you can get a adapter cable.
hi lee , do you know what other controllers specifically will work with my vest and can I get the co axial cable at an auto store ?

·
Registered
248 Posts
hi lee , do you know what other controllers specifically will work with my vest and can I get the co axial cable at an auto store ?
This link shows a bunch of controllers that would work.

No idea if they ship to the UK but you can check the different brands and search for a UK vendor.
When buying a harness that connects to the battery a battery tender harness is not heavy enough.
It's best to use one made for heated gear.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Speaking of heated gear,
I made a little bracket to mount the heat controller for my Gerbings heated jacket liner and gloves. A set-up I've used on previous bikes and works well. I like having them handy. Cables are stored in the zippered pouch attached to tank bag strap.
Above the controller knobs is the visual flasher for the radar, and on the right, another bracket for the aux lighting on/off and rheostat. And no, doesn't interfere with view of instrumentation.

- Michael

QnOsv8VARTezOijRJiBbWg.jpg
JXpjW0tzRfK09aUdiVtHDA.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts