BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 R1200R
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this jacket through storenvy.com. Link is BEST MOTORCYCLE BMW 3876 BLACK JACKET. PURE COWHIDE LEATHER BIKER RACING COAT 20
Beautifully made, fantastic bargain compared with other BMW logo jackets and comes with removable CE armor. BUT I'm a 42 chest although it says will fit, with armor and a decent shirt under is tight. Will comfortably fit 38 to 40 inch unless into bondage then large works upto 42 inch! Too difficult to return to manufacturer in Pakistan so for sale at a discount. $120 plus postage through USPS tracked.
Email [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
What is the Euro size shown on the neck tag?
20 doesn't sound right. In BMW gear 20 is a women's short size. Same as a women's US size 10 petite or short.
In the pictures the cut of the jacket looks like a men's jacket instead of a women's.

·
Registered
122 Posts
There's a size chart in the o.p.'s link that shows for men's jackets. I think the "20" is part of the jacket Model. The chart confirm's his fitment issue. For some reason, they say a size 42 fits a 38-40" chest....wtf!
I'm a medium in Klim gear but I'd definitely need a large, according to the chart....and a 39" waist? Doesn't sound like a tapered fit at all, as you might expect from the pictures.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think the "20" is part of the jacket Model.

I thought it would be helpful to know the size shown on the tag in case someone has tried one on at a shop.

I found the jacket in my 2015 catalog. The name is DoubleR Jacket.
The catalog does not show a women's version in that jacket.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm 38 chest, so a possible candidate, but as somebody mentioned already, 39 waist? What the hell? I'd need precise measurements from the OP to even consider it. It seems to have adjustment for the waist, but I wouldn't want to cinch it 6 inches. How is the quality of the leather, and the fit? Is it a genuine BMW branded jacket, or a knock-off? Finally, if it fits a 42 guy, it might be a 40 guy, not a 38.

·
Premium Member
2017 R1200R
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Attached are photos with me being a model! Haven't got Euro sizes. Just USA. The waist is adjustable but fits me OK. You can compare the fit between the XL and the large. I've also included picture of the care instructions. There was no size on the label. The quality of leather is IMHO vey good. Thick and well stitched. Since I've only tried it on a couple of times for photos so the leather is still brand new and stiff but will clearly get loose when used. It is not from BMW Motorad and I suppose it is a knockoff but paying a lot more for a receipt with BMW on it doesn't make sense to me! It isn't like the men in Munich make this stuff...they offload it to asia somewhere but your choice. I'm confident it will fit a US size large at 38 inch. Don't forget it comes with full CE stamped armor installed on shoulder, elbow and back. Also, I was sufficiently happy with the large I bought the XL so it would fit better....if not I'd have got my money back through paypal!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts