BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has the BMW LED tail light. Does it have a built in modulator for it that gives the 3/5 flashes when the brakes are hit? Anyone have just a general opinion of it?

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Don't think so. . .would be nice if it did. If anyone knows of a taillight modulator aftermarket part, please post it here. . .

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't think so. . .would be nice if it did. If anyone knows of a taillight modulator aftermarket part, please post it here. . .
Hmm, that is unfortunate. I have used Signal Dynamics' "Backoff" on some of my other bikes. A very nice product. Signal Dynamics | Signal Dynamics Corporation 1-800-785-1814 | Motorcycle Safety Lights | Break Light Signal Module | Motorcycle LED Lighting | Signal Dynamics - Creator of BackOFF

Since the BMW one doesn't have the modulator in it though, I think I may just leave it in place and try the lights from Skene Design. I haven't used them myself before, but I have heard some good things from other riders about it.
Skene Design Motorcycle Visibility Lights

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
BMW has offers as an OEM part a modulated multi LED auxiliary tail light that attaches as part of the license plate assembly ( under the license plate); however, while it fits the r1200r mount, BMW does not list the r1200r on the list of bikes for which the wiring harness is compatible. A&s BMW Motorcycles sells the part online and has the R1200r listed on a drop down menu for the wiring harness; but says that the part comes with no installation instructions.Brake Light - Supplemental LED - Most 2005-later BMW R and K bikes - - A&S BMW Motorcycle Parts and Accessories. The install has to be fairly straight forward; but my dealer says that BMW hasn't yet developed a harness that will work on the r1200r. Can't figure out why it wouldn't work on our bikes if it works on other r and k bikes. I may give it a shot. If it works, it would seem from the pics and description to be a great add on for conspicuity when stopping and riding

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
So, Dr D you going to do it?
I had a similar device called the BRAKE! on my 1150 and always felt safe that I was not going not be run over from the rear

John

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Ds, will wait a month too cold to fiddle with tools outside....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts