BMW R1200R Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
R1250R
349 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, Gareth. By the way, I sent you a Conversation post a while back about it as I saw you had fitted one on your bike, but as I mentioned in my followup post to the Conversation this morning, never mind as I rolled the dice and it’s now a done deal. :) Fingers crossed it works as I hope it will. (Btw, I also have an Arai, and know what you mean).
Dunno about conversation posts. I just check the forum every day.

The Puig works in that it takes the air pressure of your chest. The downside, for me anyway, is the noise.
As for Arai, I’ve never found another hat that fits me like an Arai, plus it is all day comfortable. But I hate the visor system. Which of course they keep cos the side pods enhance their cool paint jobs, but then those side pods generate noise.
I just wish they would junk the side pods for a modern super easy to use visor system like Shoei’s.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Is the Puig Sports screen 335 mm (13”). My VStream medium is 20.5” and the air hits me in the throat.
I don't have it in hand yet, but on-line sources do state 335mm, so just a hair over 13". No idea where the air will hit until I ride it, but with the OEM Sport (fly)screen the edge starts to hit me at the throat, give or take a little, right near the bottom lip of my helmet where maximum noise is, so I'm hoping this'll be three or four inches higher and quiet that air rush down. I'm 6'1", 34" inseam.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dunno about conversation posts. I just check the forum every day.

The Puig works in that it takes the air pressure of your chest. The downside, for me anyway, is the noise.
As for Arai, I’ve never found another hat that fits me like an Arai, plus it is all day comfortable. But I hate the visor system. Which of course they keep cos the side pods enhance their cool paint jobs, but then those side pods generate noise.
I just wish they would junk the side pods for a modern super easy to use visor system like Shoei’s.
Were it not for the long oval shape of my head, I'd ditch Arai in favor of another option. It's a bit noisy, more round than I'd like (though I know they do that purposely for impact reasons), visor system too limited, and too expensive. But I've tried a long oval from a couple other manufacturers -- the latest was LS2 -- and they simply don't work for me. My head requires the Signet-Q/X Long Oval...everything else for me is just a waiting game of hot-spot pain.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts