BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have to say, not a huge fan of the GS's looks. . .

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The 1200 looks much better. . ..

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
And BMW, in its infinite wisdom, continues to produce colors that make you want to tear your skin off and roll around in salt. . .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another shot of the 1200 at the show. . .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A slightly older model. . . :)

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OK. Not exactly on a BMW, but an eye-catching bike graphic. . .

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here's our BMW bike tester close up. . .gotta love telephoto lenses. . .

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Odd BMW custom.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The K looked nice. . but you lean forward on it.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
THANKS Doc. Great job!!! You R the MAN !!! The light grey color looks like creamy Haagen-dazs plain vanilla ice cream. Chrome cylinder covers, very nice touch, but they left the brushed-finish exhaust on it. Curious.
I like the new F800 GT fairing. Sorry, all out of salt. How about some iodine?
Where did you find the GS-tester gentleman? Telephoto lens indeed!
Thanks again for some wonderful shots.:)

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
London bike show coming up soon at the ExCel centre. I hope BMW have plenty of toys to try out. :clap:

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tattoo dude just showed up and sat on the bike while I was beginning to take pictures. I got farther away and zoomed in. Maybe he's BMW's new image consultant. . .

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Another shot of the 1200 at the show. . .
Hey there is my bike! I got to ride it again yesterday.. She is coming home to me next week (they will deliver her since the weather just won't work with me to bring her home the 160 miles).

Going to the show in Indianapolis this coming weekend. Thanks for the pics doc!

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey there is my bike! I got to ride it again yesterday.. She is coming home to me next week (they will deliver her since the weather just won't work with me to bring her home the 160 miles).

Going to the show in Indianapolis this coming weekend. Thanks for the pics doc!
It's a cool show. There was one gizmo I was thinking of buying; a reflective rim and LED light combination that lights up your wheels with a glowing green circle Company called Lunasee, Lunasee | Active Side Lighting I spoke with the owner and he is willing to work on a custom bracket for the R1200r's Apparently, you can just use the powelet socket to power the whole thing.

Looking forward to seeing your pics as well, Atractaspis. You're a fantastic photographer. :)

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sup. .. didn't see a BMW with a sidecar. I'm thinking that a sidecar is one of the buzzkill attachments you can put on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. The GS design is more functional than looks. Our R's look good and go well at the same time. I like the GT bike and colour although only to look at. The R is better.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm sure the GS is a fantastic bike; engineered to the max. But it's kind of a Bill Gates Bike. Proven track record, brilliant engineering, still around after many years and continuing to develop. . .but I wouldn't want to be seen at the same party, and I'm not sure I'd even want to sit across the table and watch him eat.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts