BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Wasn't sure where to put this ad. If it should go under "parts", feel free to move it whoever does the moving.

I had a crash into a car, which didn't give way, in November 2017. The headlight, front guard, front forks and oil cooler needed replacing so I bought a "donor" bike for the parts which made sense given the price of parts in NZ & it seemed like a quick economical route back to riding.

Unfortunately I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in february 2018 and my first circuit round the lawn on the fixed bike ended with me on the ground. Parkinson's doesn't lend itself to the mental intensity required for safe riding. The fixed bike was sold off at a much reduced price - as, unfortunately, my level of Parkinson's doesn't lend itself to holding down a job & I needed the $.

So, the reason for this post is that I've still got the remains of the donor bike with the mostly undamaged black bodywork of the original bike and its
a/broken forks,
b/undamaged telelever wishbone (judged by the BMW mechanic to be undamaged when pricing for the insurance claim)
c/damaged headlight
d/oil cooler (which seems to only be the tubes in/out of the cooler rather the the main body itself)
e/small ding on side of tank
f/ slightly scratched exhaust
g/ engine head covers scratched - your writer managed to strip some (I think 3) of the threads on them :(

THe donor bike was a really early model without ABS, no heated grips and without the full blown trip computer. But it was a runner with between 80 & 90k (I can confirm the exact number) and I have a youtube clip of the engine going. Its rego is still live but on hold and I have a Givi set of luggage (top and side cases) with the appropriate metal work to fit it to the bike - but it's not attached at the moment. I'm not sure which seat it ended up with but I think it's the standard "sport" seat and I think there may be another at a friend's house but I would have to confirm that.

The bike's been sitting for the last 3 years in my garage as life is a difficult struggle to get by let alone organise its selling. But it's time to put it out there that I have it & I need to sell it it. I'd love someone to turn it into a road going machine again. I'm not able enough to pull it apart and sell it off for parts. If anyone's interested, please feel free to give me a shout.

I'm completely disorganised & don't currently have pics but I'll try to get some together asap. I don't expect a rapid response but I won't be available from 16 to 23 March (a parkinson's specific Outward Bound course beckons).

Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi Johnny,

Hope you're doing OK. I've sent you a private message about this. Look fwd to hearing from you soon.

Thanks...Tony

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Does the instrument cluster work? If so, would you be interested in selling it sperately?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts