BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is driving me nuts. My 2008 R feels a little bumpy/jumpy when coming to a complete stop. Like in the last few seconds while braking the bike kinda pulses up and down. Bled the brakes but no difference.

My wife has a 2007 and hers brakes smoothly right until the last second. Her brake levers also feel a little smoother and squishy (brakes haven't been bled in a while).

checked my rotors and no warping. Pads look good. Also played around with the suspension. Air pressure is to spec. This happens on the front and back breaks btw.

Am I just not used to brakes being this sensitive (I'm a new R rider)? Or is there something else going on here? Maybe flat spots on the tires? Thought it might be, but the vibration only happens in the last few feet before a stop.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had a similar behavior in my car and that turned out to be a bad front wheel bearing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
OK, this is driving me nuts. My 2008 R feels a little bumpy/jumpy when coming to a complete stop. .....

checked my rotors and no warping. .
How did you check them? The early R's had this problem at times, it was the rotors. I'm dealing with it right now on my new to me 07'.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
One can usually feel warped rotors thought the stop process- not just at the very end. Also it is difficult to warp these rotors unless you are running them at the track. I suggest that you check for uneven wear of the pads or build up on them or on the rotors. Lastly, if your bike has ABS, check that as well. Could be a defective pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts